The Sunrise Ascent on Mt. Washington and July Mileage Challenge are back for 2021!
Join Adaptive Sports Partners of the North Country (ASPNC) on Sunday, August 1st for our most exciting event of the year--The Sunrise Ascent on Mt. Washington! We are planning to hold the hike in-person, pending COVID regulations allow at the time. Also, back by popular demand, we will be holding the July Mileage Challenge with so many awesome prizes up for grabs to reward human-powered recreation and exercise leading up to the ascent of the highest peak in the northeast!
The July Mileage Challenge is a social, virtual/remote event. Join your team from wherever you may be in the world and log your human-powered miles to support year-round sports, recreation, wellness! Throughout the month of July, we will challenge all who participate to log as many “any which way you can” miles to promote healthy, consistent, human-powered exercise and recreation. Ride, run, walk, paddle, climb, or roll--just be active! Each week will bring new contests and giveaways to incentivize activity throughout the month and hit our goal of more than 24,000 miles in the month! Stay tuned, as we’ll be announcing our weekly challenges ahead of time.
Save the date- August 1st, 2021, the 12th annual Sunrise Ascent!
We are planning an in-person, traditional ascent (hike) up the Mt. Washington Auto Road for the 12th annual Sunrise Ascent on Mount Washington. Additional details to come!
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET INVOLVED!
2. Get ready for our Mileage Challenge during the month of July. Download Strava in the app store. Join the ASPNC Strava Club and create your individual profile to automatically add your miles to your team total.
• Forgot to turn Strava on before your activity? You can manually add the activity.
• Don’t use a Strava? Report your miles/ activities to ASPNC here.
• Not a computer person? Report your miles to the office at 603.832.5232.If manually tracking your efforts, please keep track of the date, activity type, total miles, and duration of each activity.
3. Set up your fundraising page! Each person will have a $100 fundraising minimum. Once registered, your fundraising page link will be emailed to you separately along with some more details
4. Participate in remote activity during the month of July! Team members will log their miles and time spent doing any activity. So, ride, paddle, run, walk, or roll to as many miles as you can in July! Consistent (and safe) physical activity is the key!
• If you need help finding a way to get active and participate, reach out to ASPNC and we’ll help you find a way!
• Record or log an activity during any week to be eligible for weekly contests--or log miles every week to enter all of them! Contests will change weekly and include participant raffles, top weekly fundraisers, most miles recorded in a week, hill climbing hero, wacky workout gear, best view, and more!
6. The morning of August 1st we will have a signature sunrise experience up Mount Washington. We are planning an in-person, traditional ascent (hike) up the Mt. Washington Auto Road for the 12th annual Sunrise Ascent on Mount Washington. Additional details to come soon!