The 2020 SAMW Is Going Virtual!
The 11th Annual Sunrise Ascent on Mount Washington is adapting this year. Good thing we know a thing or two about adapting!
In lieu of our traditional ascent up the Mount Washington Washington Auto Road, we are holding a mileage challenge through the month of July followed by a signature sunrise ascent car parade up the
Mt. Washington Auto Road to watch the sunrise from the
highest peak in the Northeast.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET INVOLVED!
- Register for the Sunrise Ascent
Athlete Registration (this link is for our adaptive participants)
- Get ready for our Mileage Challenge during the month of July. Download Strava in the app store. Join the ASPNC Strava Club and create your individual profile to automatically add your miles to your team total.
• Forgot to turn Strava on before your activity? You can manually add the activity.
• Don’t use a Strava? Report your miles/ activities to ASPNC here.
• Not a computer person? Report your miles to the office at 603.832.5232.If manually tracking your efforts, please keep track of the date, activity type, total miles, and duration of each activity.
- Set up your fundraising page! Each person will have a $100 fundraising minimum. Once registered, your fundraising page link will be emailed to you separately along with some more details.
- Participate in remote activity during the month of July! Team members will log their miles and time spent doing any activity. So, ride, paddle, run, walk, or roll to as many miles as you can in July! Consistent (and safe) physical activity is the key!
• If you need help finding a way to get active and participate, reach out to ASPNC and we’ll help you find a way!
• Record or log an activity during any week to be eligible for weekly contests--or log miles every week to enter all of them! Contests will change weekly and include participant raffles, top weekly fundraisers, most miles recorded in a week, hill climbing hero, wacky workout gear, best view, and more!
- Share your experiences! This will really help us! Take photos, videos, and post them to social media. Make sure to tag ASPNC!
Facebook: @aspnc // Instagram: @aspnc #aspnc #SunriseAscent
- The morning of August 2nd we will have a signature sunrise experience up Mount Washington...in cars (and following CDC guidelines)
• Community is a big part of ASPNC and we want the Sunrise Ascent to bring everyone together, but in a safe manner. Decorate your car with team pride and join us for a car parade up Mt. Washington on August 2nd.
• The car parade is optional but included in your registration. You must provide your own car or arrange your own ride up with family members or those you are in regular close contact with. ALL VEHICLES MUST FOLLOW AUTO ROAD POLICIES & RESTRICTIONS.
• Everyone planning to join the car parade MUST be registered in advance in order for us to be prepared. We will also be handing out breakfast and coffee, along with swag, and need headcounts ahead of time!